Choosing the right one.
Finding the right wedding dress is a lot like dating. Maybe you’re one of the few who fell for her high school or college sweetheart and knew he was the one. But more than likely, you dated a few men before finding Mr. Right.
It’s much the same in the search for the dress. You’ll probably try on several before you look at yourself in the mirror and know: “That’s the one.”
And it’ll feel like it did when you fell for your fiancé: When you find the right dress, you just know.
First bridal appointment
- We encourage you to make an appointment before your first visit. That helps ensure we can devote all our attention to you. Saturday appointments fill up quickly, so try to book early.
- Our dresses are in sample sizes. We’ll pin it to help you get an idea of what the dress – when sized just for you – will look like.
- Once ordered, a wedding dress can take up to 6 months to come in. So, it’s best to begin shopping months before your wedding day.
- It’s a good idea to allow 1-1/2 hours for your first appointment.
- Bring photos and your Pinterest page. It helps us to know what styles you like.
- Do you have something old, borrowed or blue you plan to wear? Bring it, too. We can help ensure your mix of old and new looks just right.
- We have undergarments available when trying on dresses. You can bring yours if you prefer.
First wedding dress fitting
- The dress you’ve dreamed about has arrived! Now’s the time to ensure a perfect fit. Plan to come in for the fitting at least six weeks before your wedding.
- The dress is still a work-in-progress. Come prepared to look critically at your dress and the way it fits and moves with you. Our talented in-house seamstress can make alterations to create a fit you love.
- Bring the lingerie you plan to wear when you say, “I do.” It helps to get the fit just so.
- Don’t forget your shoes. The height is critical to getting the dress length right.
- Invite a VIP. Your mom or maid of honor is a great candidate for the role. (But since this is a working session, it helps to limit your entourage.) You’ll want to have someone to share your excitement. Besides, someone may need to help bustle your dress on the big day. That person may as well get a lesson (if needed) from our seamstress.
- Details matter. Bring your accessories and see the full look come together. Now’s a great time to bring (or decide on) jewelry. We can help make sure your necklace is right for the neckline of your dress. It is also good to have your veil and hair accessories selected by now. We recommend choosing at least 6 months before the big day.